Win a Teen Beta Reader
Anyone with a manuscript (s)he want tested out by reluctant teen readers. Both aspiring writers and veteran writers in the revision process of a new book are welcome.
1. Title with a 1-2 paragraph synopsis (query text). Include word count.
2. The first page of your ms.
IN THE BODY OF THE TEXT
to firstname.lastname@example.org (don't forget the second "m" in the middle)
To finalize your entry "join our site" by clicking on the blue icon to the left and following instructions. :)
- Entries are due by 8PM PST Sunday Feb. 3
- Names of authors/ titles of books that are selected by the teens as the book each wants to read will be posted on this site on the night of Thursday Feb. 7
- Selected authors will email the full text of their ms as a Word document to email@example.com by Sunday Feb.10
- Selected authors will receive feedback from students, including the place they stopped reading (if they stopped reading)
- Students will advocate for their books, and will select a book they most want to see get published.
Where: A high school classroom in Carlsbad, CA.
Why: Find out what reluctant readers think of your work AND empower teens with a voice in the creation of YA literature.
Initial post on the contest: here