Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Working with Deadlines

Writer's Clock
This summer has been by far one of the busiest summers I've ever experienced. Between a new job with a boss that recently left, MFA course work deadlines, family visits and contracts to complete, finding time to do everything kept me up many a night. 

But that is life in general. Who's life isn't busy? Writers though, have to make time for reading and writing on top of our daily routines. 

I don't have a lot of advice unfortunately on time management. 

I recently submitted my first MFA packet and paid work deliverables for August. I thought I had some room to breath but September is proving to be much of the same. 

In terms of writing, I have four weeks to deliver my next packet (which consists of two critical essays, thirty pages of creative material and a cover letter). 

So what have I learned?

I've learned that even with everything going on in your life, you have to make time to read and write. 

WRITE AND READ WHENEVER YOU GET A CHANCE! 

Whether it's for half an hour or a four hour stint. You need to insert that "to do" in there always

Some people are lucky and have the luxury of reading and writing for a certain amount of time a day, but for those of us who don't, it important to remain consistent in our inconsistency. Look for those minutes and hours and keep plugging at it! You can do it!

2 comments:

  1. In the past few years, there was a saying that people who are not good at weight management can manage their own lives. This sentence may not be so correct, or even a bit extreme. But it is undeniable that weight management is an important thing. This does not mean that we have to be like supermodels or thin into pieces of paper. It means that we should keep our BMI relatively within a reasonable and healthy range. However, this is not easy, especially for office workers. There is no shortcut to managing your figure, you still need to exercise. NIKSA

    ReplyDelete