Monday, August 7, 2017

Editing Your Scenes

When it comes time to reviewing your scenes, answer the following questions to help tighten your writing.

1. Did you use your five senses? Or at least some?
2. How much showing and how much telling did you use?
3. What needs to happen in the scene?
4. How's the pacing?  Too fast?  Too slow?  Just right?
5. Is the scene necessary to the story?
6. What's the most surprising thing that could happen in this scene?

Since I am more of a panster writer, these questions keep me in check.  I also find them useful to give Beta Readers.

Happy Writing!


2 comments:

  1. Good advice. I'll keep these questions in mind when I do my next round of revisions on my latest project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2020 Olympic Games was extremely difficult. It was postponed for nearly a year due to the epidemic and finally held in Tokyo in July. Many people will pay attention to the performance of the Olympic athletes on the field. Their outstanding results and healthy physique are enviable. Although we are not sports athletes, we can also put on our favorite NIKSA activewear to accelerate our speed and strengthen our physique during daily exercise.NIKSA.

    ReplyDelete