Friday, April 10, 2015

Keeping It Real - The Rejection

Rejection can leave you feeling broken, but don't let it get you down.  I've had two broken bones this year and several rejections, but here's what I've learned from the experiences:  What doesn't kill you does make you stronger.

For example, when I broke my arm, I still wanted to play football with my friends, so I did.  Before breaking my arm, I could only catch the ball using both my hands.  Unfortunately, I couldn't use my broken arm to catch, so I had to learn to catch the ball with only one hand.  It took some practice, but I eventually learned to catch the ball with only hand.  This made me a better player. 

I now think of the dreaded rejection the same way.  If I am lucky enough to get feedback, then I make the changes.  If am not so fortunate to feedback, then I figure the market isn't ready for me or my story just yet.  No biggie.  My time will come and in the meantime, I plan to grow from the experience.

Today, I can catch a football one handedly and maybe tomorrow I'll catch the interest of agent.  In the meantime, I plan to keep it real.  Maybe today's passes will turn into tomorrow's touchdowns.  Rejections is just an opportunity for growth. 

Rejections does not mean you are broken

No comments:

Post a Comment