Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Characterization Questionnaire Template: Bachelor/ Bachelorette Edition
Confession: I may (or may not) have filled out a Bachelor application for one of my friends in the past...possibly without his permission. In doing so, I might have learned that through answering the questions a strong sense of who a person is romantically comes across in the answers.
Soooo....if you're feeling a bit of post-Bachelor depression and missing all the Juan-puns of the past few months (Juanuary, anyone???), and are looking to up the romance in your novel, feel free to run your characters through one of these little applications (the first few pages you'll need to skip or shrink down to YA, though, as they probably have not been married with children yet :) ).
Here is a link to the actual application
And here are a some additional questions I'm going to add for you to answer from the perspective of your character:
1. Do you like Pina Coladas (virgin or not)?
2. Thoughts on getting lost in the rain?
3. When you daydream about a perfect first kiss where is it?
4. During said kiss, what would you be thinking about?
5. Have you ever lied and told someone you loved him/her when you didn't?
6. Most romantic movie of all time?
7. Describe your parents' relationship. Do you want to be with someone like your mom/dad?
8. That secret thing you're sure he/she will dump you for if he/she finds out?
9. When was the first time you realized you liked someone? Grade? Why?
10. Thing a guy/girl could do to lose your love faster than you can say you "love pina coladas and getting lost in the rain"?