Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Feel Good Hump Day

Fireworks

It's day 10 of Camp NanoWriMo and while I'm a bit off from my word count goal, I chalk that up to "having" to celebrate both Canada and America's birthdays, not to mention a wedding to boot.  How could I not toast such happy occasions?  

So to continue the celebrations, I thought I would make Wednesday, fun day!  Here's a few MG/YA inspirations and chuckles to get you through your hump day. 

Feeling in a bit of a rut this morning, need some inspiration to write stories that will inspire a new generation? Check out this great vid of little girls doing what all little girls should be doing...rockin' out of course!


Not all of these reinvented famous book covers with a missing letter are YA novels but I was particularly fond of The Rave by Edgar Allan Poe and The Princess Brie by William Goldman.  I mean, who doesn't like a good cheese party?


The Rave by Edgar Allan PoeThe Princess Brie by William Goldman


Finally, a post isn't complete without some useful information. If you haven't read this already, you should. It's the Manuscript Wish List used by both agents and publishers to let writers know what they're looking for.  

Really interesting insight and up to date info that keeps you in the know on what's hip and happening as well as which agent(s) might be the best fit for your next query. 

Surprise!  You're now 10 minutes closer to the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update and for the manuscript wish list link. The link was very useful and a little sad since I didn't see too many agents asking for my topic. At least there were a few.

    I haven't written much either. I spent the first part of the month visiting friends and family. I did, however, research and plot ideas for a new book and just today I went back to another book I'm still writing and worked on it. I think that means I am writing four different stories right now.

    Happy writing everyone. Camp is fun and the food isn't too bad either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it useful Karen! And glad to hear that you've been working on new and old stories - keep up the good work! :)

      Delete