Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Curious Lives of Teenagers: Summertime

When subjects were given the prompt "Summer" here is how they responded:

  • SHOPPING!
  • To me, summer is old memories I have to keep locked away.
  • Marathon the entire summer
  • Skyping pretty places from a couch so I won't get tan.
  • Putting a fence around my yard so the boys won't get my milkshakes.
  • work= money $$$
  • running, swimming, lifting, getting a great summer body...just kidding, sleeping all day.
  • work, community service, alone time, read, friends, party, Facebook, travel.
  • Smoking...my friends in basketball.
  • happy, eating, tv, beach
  • The fine grains of sand in between my toes and the warm Mediterranean water lapping at my feet. Walking the streets of the ancient town at night with your family and landing yourself at a cute family-owned bistro. Getting full because the bread they brought you was the most delicious bread you have ever tasted. And, then going to sleep in an adorable beach front cottage that was free because your 5th cousin is the real estate agent.
  • Chartruese by Capital Cities
  • DGAF with my friends
  • Summertime= 1. Crazy midnight adventures 2. Denny's at 1 am 3. 12 hr. beach days 4. Summer love 5. Bridge jumping 6. Morph suiting in Walmart
  • listening to the Beach Boys, and driving the coast in a convertible.
  • waking up while it's still dark, taking the flourescent lit stairwell down to the parking garage before realizing I lost my keys yesterday. Hop on a bicycle, ride four miles to the park where it all started and greet the love of my life under our favorite fern.
  • reading books all day adn building schools in Italy.
  • Oh GG Ain't No Mountain
  • having rap battles with _______.
  • surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf.surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf.surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf. surf.
  • walking through the sugar white sand, I felt my feet as I've never felt them before. Even the wind felt different today, for some reason, but I knew why. It was the first day of summer vacation.
  • waves.

4 comments: